Anthropology Undergraduate Advising
Mark Oxley, the Department of Anthropology’s undergraduate advisor, is here to help current anthropology majors and minors during their academic journey. We also openly welcome prospective students to contact Mark to discuss how anthropology classes and programs might help them to achieve their academic and professional goals.
The anthropology undergraduate advisor can help with:
- Declaring a major or minor in anthropology
- Fulfill mandatory advising requirements for major & college (CSS ACCESS Advising)
- Academic planning, including guidance on course selection
- Student progress review to ensure general education & program requirements are being met
- Course Program of Study (CPoS) compliance
- Certifications (e.g. VA Enrollment)
- General advice on academic & career paths in anthropology
- Questions about transferring credits, course equivalencies, course overrides, course ADD/DROP, credit overloads, time conflicts, concurrent enrollments, petitions, and Leave of Absence (LOA) requests.
- Filing for graduation
Virtual, in-person, and over-the-phone meetings with the undergraduate advisor are available by appointment only.