Bachelor of Arts (BA) Requirements
Please contact our Undergraduate Advisor for any questions regarding the following requirements.
Student Learning Outcomes/Objectives (SLOs) and Institutional Learning Objectives (ILOs)
- Learn to think anthropologically, specifically to include cross-cultural perspectives, especially in regard to issues of diversity and commonality in understanding human societies.
- Gain a basic understanding of the origin and development of humanity.
- Develop the ability to think critically about cultural assumptions and use active learning modes in assessing their effects on social processes.
- Acquire a holistic understanding of how biological evolution and cultural histories interact.
- Understand how populations adapt to social and environmental change, especially in terms of human empowerment.
- Become culturally literate with regard to the physical and cultural dimensions of the Pacific and Asian regions, including historical movements and connections among diverse populations.
- Learn various methods employed by anthropologists from a variety of sub-disciplines and specializations.