Anthropology Graduate Student Association (AGSA)
AGSA, a volunteer organization comprised of graduate students in the Department of Anthropology, has 2 primary goals:
- To support graduate student research, projects, and outreach activities.
- To assist in the facilitation of faculty-graduate student communication and be an interface between department administration and the graduate student body.
AGSA also interfaces with the Graduate Student Organization (GSO), which represents the interests of graduate students across campus. Additionally, AGSA organizes a number of events including a professional development workshop series, an annual graduate student research symposium, community service projects, and occasional social events.
Elections for AGSA officer positions take place early in the fall semester. Any graduate student in the department is eligible to run for these positions. The current AGSA officers are:
- President: Chris Chapman
- Vice President: Erin McConkey
- Treasurer: Max Pinsonneault
- Secretary: Ashley Atkins
- GSO Representative: Maura Stephens