Department of Anthropology Faculty
Our faculty research and teach about human evolution and ecology; race and human variation; health and demography; gender, sexuality, ethnicity, nationalism, and indigeneity; social interaction, inequality, and the creation of local and global structures of domination and resistance.
- Stephen T. Boggs
- Terry L. Hunt
Emeriti Faculty - In Memoriam
- Andrew R. Arno (PhD, Harvard University, 1974) - Legal Anthropology, Ethnography of Communication, Kinship and Social Organization, Pacific
- Jack Bilmes (PhD, Stanford, 1974) - Ling. Anthro., Occasioned Semantics, Discourse
- C. Fred Blake (PhD, University of Illinois, 1975) - Critical and Interpretive Theory, Ethnography and Biography, Popular Ideologies, Social Movements and Entrepreneurship in the Modern World Economy, China, U.S.
- Alice G. Dewey (PhD, Radcliffe College, 1959) - Economic, Kinship, Javanese Conceptual Frameworks, Southeast Asia, Pacific
- Nina L. Etkin (PhD, University of Washington, 1975) - Biological and Medical Anthropology, Ethnobotany, Diet, Ethnopharmacology, CAM, West Africa, Pacific, Indonesia
- Ben R. Finney (PhD, Harvard University, 1964) - Polynesian Voyaging, Humanity in Space, Contemporary Pacific
- Takie S. Lebra (PhD, University of Pittsburgh, 1967) - Culture and Self, Communication, Gender, Career, Elite, Japan