Lambda Alpha National Anthropology Honor Society
Lambda Alpha National Anthropology Honor Society was established in 1968 to promote the study of anthropology by acknowledging and recognizing students for their exemplary contributions and achievements through society membership. Beta of Hawaiʻi, the department's chapter, was established in the Spring of 2009. Lambda Alpha rewards academic excellence through the annual awarding of student scholarships, research grants, and student paper prizes.
The minimum requirements to become a lifetime member of Beta of Hawaiʻi are:
For undergraduate students (majors or minors):
- Must have completed 12 semester hours of coursework in anthropology
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.00 in anthropology
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
For graduate students:
- Have been officially admitted to the anthropology graduate program
- Have minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
If you meet the above requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Cost: A lifetime membership fee of $25.00 must be submitted to the National Lambda Alpha Office.
- Graduation: Email email@example.com at least a month prior to your graduation to have an honors designation associated with your name on the commencement program. Lambda Alpha stoles and pins should be ordered at least a month prior to graduation.